Adventure Baby Gear has been live for less than 8 weeks and in that short time, we have received so much support and encouragement in what we are doing, that we want to show our appreciation! It has been our most popular product and we want to share the Fresh Fruit goodness with you! Check out the bottom of this post for the coupon code to get your own Free FF Pacifier as a gift from ABG.
The Fresh Fruit Pacifier is excellent in introducing fruit to your little one before they have the teeth to fully chew. The perforated silicone "soother" allows Baby to gnaw and suck out only the juices of whatever food you choose to shove inside. As soon as Baby can hold onto the handle, give them a go at some fresh fruit. It is suitable for infants 3 months up and comes in 3 sizes (S, M, L) and 3 colors (blue, yellow, pink). Because all of baby's first meals are mush, this will be fresh and exciting for your growing baby.
Below, you will find a list of fruit that have been a hit in the Pacifier with our Little Guy. We have also included instructions on washing fruits of veggies as well as properly sterilizing the Pacifier before initial use.
It is recommended to wait 3-5 days in between introducing new food to observe for allergies in your child. The opening of the soother is quite small, so we dice the fruit into small cubes before stuffing the silicone nipple full of raw goodness!
Here are the fruits that have proven to be worth of the Fruit Pacifier:
-kiwi & banana
In addition to the fruit we have also tried raw cucumber and cooked beets to keep the Little One busy as Mama was preparing the rest of dinner. [Photo used from Live Love Fruit]
Most fruits and vegetables are grown with pesticides to ensure bugs stay away. These chemicals stay on your produce and can adversely affect your health in the long run. Experts have found that washing with white vinegar and water kills up to 98% of bacteria and goes a long way to remove pesticides. It's cheap and easy to make your own wash mixture, see below!
- Mix 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar (3:1 ) in a spray bottle.
- Spray on fruits and veggies to get rid of pesticide residue.
- Rinse with water after spraying.
Soaking in a Bowl
- Fill a bowl with water and add 1/8 to 1/2 cup of vinegar, depending on the size of your bowl.
- Place your fruits and veggies in the bowl.
- Soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Note: Apple cider vinegar may be used as a substiute for white vinegar.
Care and Sterilization
Before initial use, we recommend washing all parts (pacifier, handle, cover) with soap and water and then sterilizing. See instructions below on how to do so. The pacifier is also dishwasher safe so do not hesitate to add it to your usual dish washing cycle. Avoid drying racks unless they have also been sterilized, or else your efforts to kill all bacteria will be defeated. Using a dishcloth to dry can result in a higher chance of contamination.
Sterilizing with Boiling Water
- Fill a pot with water; it should be filled enough to fully cover all the pacifier pieces with water.
- Place the pacifier, including the cover case inside, cover with lid and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, and after allowing to cool for a few minutes, remove the pacifier and place on a clean cloth to allow to cool and air dry.
Sterilizing with Steamer
- Refer to your steamers' specific instructions on how to properly fill with water and use the steamer.
- Place the pacifier and all components in the steamer basket.
- Allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a clean cloth and allow to air dry.
Note: Don't add pacifier to already boiling water, as the temperature shock could warp the material. Also, do not boil or steam for more than 5 minutes, as that is sufficient time for sterilization.
Our first 200 supporters received the offer of a free Fresh Fruit Pacifier. Now we are extending the invite to all Adventure Baby enthusiasts!
Use coupon code THANKYOU200 on a purchase of $30 or more to receive your free FF Pacifier. Be sure to add the item to your cart in order to select your desired size and colour. Then, share your photos of your Adventure Babies enjoying their Fresh Food Pacifiers and with the hashtag #adventurebabygear.
Like us on Facebook to join the Adventure Baby Club!