What to Pack in your Diaper Bag
I have gotten asked several times what I find indispensable in my diaper bag. What I pack -and keep packed, so its always ready to go - comes from me learning the hard way. When Baby Fel was born, I was definitely eager and over prepared, with enough clothing and diapers to last me a week. In turn, I have had situations where I have been stuck without a toy to distract or snack to calm the restless munchkin.
So here is the list of things that I choose to always carry in my well stocked Adventure Diaper Backpack:
- 6 diapers per day
- Wipes in a small travel case
- Change pad
- Travel baby powder (only corn starch)
- Vaseline or diaper cream
- Diaper cover
- Change of onesie
- Change of pants
- Burp cloth
- Toy car
Insulated Bottle Compartment:
- sippy cup with watered down juice or room temperature herbal tea
- emtpy bottle and fresh liner
- 2 food puches
- snacks: crackers, cheerios, Mum-mums
- Ovol gas drops
- Baby tylenol
- tiger balm
- hand sanitizer
- Nail clippers
When we travel, and fly specifically, I add a couple of specific items to get us through the flight
- lots of fluid in the sippy cup
- premixed formula in the bottle
- flannel baby blanket
- pillow (for under my supporting arm)
- sleeping hat (to block out the lights and distractions)
- extra books and small toys
Adventure Mama's! Let me know what items you can't live without in your diaper bag! I may be adding it to my list! Like us on Facebook to join the Adventure Baby Club!
During the summer (and sometimes in the spring too!) I add a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen (once they turn 6 months) and a natural bug spray.
For the winter (starting in the fall) I add a warmer hat, extra pair mitts and thick socks/booties.